Florence, Italy is located in the Italian peninsula as you can see visually on the map below. The most populous city in Tuscany, Florence is the capital of the Tuscany region and of the Metropolitan City of Florence.
Florence, Italy is regarded as the birthplace of the Renaissance and universally recognized as one of the cradles of art and architecture in the world. The Historic Center of Florence was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
Where is Florence, Italy on a Map?
Interesting Facts about Florence, Italy:
- The population of Florence, Italy is approximately 380,000 inhabitants, expanding to over 1,000,000 inhabitants in its metropolitan area.
- Florence, Italy in Italian is: Firenze, Italia
- The closest airports to Florence, Italy are:
1. Florence Airport, Peretola or Aeroporto di Firenze-Peretola in Italian and
2. Pisa International Airport or Aeroporto Internazionale di Pisa in Italian, located in Pisa. The Pisa airport is also named Galileo Galilei Airport.
- The Florence, Italy airport code is FLR. The Pisa Airport code is PSA
- The main train station in Florence, Italy, is Firenze Santa Maria Novella. It is located in Piazza della Stazione in front of the apse of the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, from which it takes its name.
- The weather in Florence, Italy, is temperate. It has humid, hot summers with light rainfall and humid, cool winters.
- The main river in Florence, Italy is the Arno River. Three other minor waterways flow through Florence: the Mugnone, Terzolle and the Greve River.
- Florence italy postal code or zip code is from 50121 to 50145
- The Patron saint of Firenze is San Giovanni Battista, Saint John the Baptist in English, celebrated on the 24th of June.
- Florence Italy time zone is CET (Central European Time) or in summer CEST (Central European Summer Time).
- The driving distance from Rome to Florence, Italy is approximately 275 km or 171 m.
- The driving distance from Florence, Italy to Venice, Italy is approximately 259 km or 161 m.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Italy, Florence
What is the population of Florence, Italy?
The population of Florence, Italy is approximately 382,000 inhabitants
What river runs through Florence, Italy?
The Arno is the famous river in Florence, Italy
What is Florence, Italy known for or famous for?
Florence, Italy is famous for its Renaissance art and architecture.
Is there an airport in Florence, Italy?
Yes, there are two international airports: Florence Airport and Pisa airport.
Is Florence in Northern Italy?
Florence is in Tuscany, which is a region in central Italy.
Is Florence in Italy?
Yes, Florence, Italy is in Italy, in the Italian Republic. However, in the United States there are also several towns called Florence.