Where is Rome Italy? As you can see in the map below, Rome is located in the central-western part of the Italian peninsula along the shores of the Tiber River. The city of Rome is the capital of the Italian Republic. It is also the capital of the Metropolitan City Roma Capitale and of the Lazio region.
Place of origin of the Latin language, Rome was the first large metropolis in the world and the core of one of the most important ancient civilizations that had a strong, lasting influence in society, culture, language, literature, art, architecture, philosophy, religion, law and customs in the following centuries.
Where is Rome, Italy?
Interesting Facts About Rome, Italy
- The population of Rome, italy is approximately 2.9 million inhabitants and the Metropolitan City of Rome 4.3 million.
- Rome in Italian is Roma
- The historic centre of Rome is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Rome, italy postal code is 00118-00199, which is the same as the zip code for Rome Italy.
- The address of the US Embassy in Rome is: Via Vittorio Veneto 121 – 00187 Roma. Phone : (+39) 06-46741
- According to tradition Romulus founded the city of Rome on the 21st of April of the year 751 BC. Each year the city commemorates her foundation with a secular festival called Natale di Roma or Romaia.
- Since the Middle Ages Roma, Italy, has been an important Catholic, Christian pilgrimage site. According to tradition Roman pilgrims that want to thank God for a grace must visit the Seven Pilgrim Churches, —Le Sette Chiese— in Italian in twenty-four hours.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Rome, Italy
Where is the Vatican in Rome?
The Vatican City State is an independent country surrounded by Italian territory, a walled enclave located within the city of Rome, Italy. If you visit the St. Peter’s Basilica, you are already in Vatican City territory.
What kind of money is used in rome Italy?
The currency in Rome, Italy is the euro as in the whole of Italy.
What is the population of Rome, Italy?
Rome, Italy population is 2.9 million residents.
What river runs through Rome, Italy?
The Tiber River.
Weather in Rome, Italy
Roma has a Mediterranean climate with cool, humid winters and dry, hot summers.
The average annual temperature is above 20 °C or 68 °F during the day and 10 °C o 50 °F at night. The months of December, January and February are the coldest, with average temperatures around 12.5 °C or 54.5 °F during the day and 3.6 °C or 38.5 °F at night.