Italy is located in southern Europe, in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea.
To the north, Italy shares open land borders with France, Austria, Switzerland and Slovenia. To the south it comprises the Italian Peninsula, the large Mediterranean islands of Sicily and Sardinia and many smaller islands.
The sovereign states of San Marino and the Vatican City are enclaves within Italy.
Where Is Italy On The Map of Europe?
Including the islands, Italy has a coastline of 7,600 kilometres or 4,722 miles on the Adriatic, Ionian and Tyrrhenian seas.
Where is Italy on the World Map?
What is Italy’s Capital?
The capital of Italy is Rome.
Interesting Facts About Italy
- Italy is a Republic officially called Repubblica Italiana, Italian Republic in English.
- Italy shares open land borders with Vatican City, France, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and the enclaved microstate San Marino.
- The two Mediterranean islands of Sicily and Sardinia, Elba, Capri and many smaller islands are also a part of Italy.
- It is the fourth most populous member state of the European Union (EU).
- Generally speaking, Italy has a temperate seasonal climate.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Italy
What is Italy in Italian
In Italian language Italy is ITALIA.
What is Italy’s language?
The official language of Italy is Italian. However, Italy has many regional languages and dialects and several, recognized minority languages.
What is Italy’s population?
The population of Italy is approximately 60 million inhabitants.
What is Italy currency?
The Italy currency is the euro.
What is Italy religion?
Roman Catholicism is by far the largest faith in Italy.
What is Italy country code?
Italy’s country code is 39.